[Vm-dev] VM building on Pi, OpenGL libraries and other fun things

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Aug 10 18:45:35 UTC 2017

> On 10-08-2017, at 10:43 AM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> You and I talked on the phone yesterday evening but for other's benefit in fstab # is the comment character.  See https://wiki.debian.org/fstab.  So in the above you probably want to replace # with, say, a tab.

Yah, but the really weird thing is that the damn afpfs command *does* actually get the stuff after the # ! No idea why or how.
As an example, with /sbin/afpfs defined as
#!/bin/bash
set -x
mount_afp $3 $4 $1 $2

(with the set - x to make it output tracing so I can see what’s happening)

and fstab including
afpfs#afp://tim:miner5a@Diziet/tim /home/pi/TestDir fuse user=pi,group=root 0 0

You get
pi at Goldskin:~ $ sudo mount -all
+ mount_afp -o rw,group=root,user=pi,exec,suid,dev,dev,suid afp://tim:timpwd@Diziet/tim /home/pi/TestDir
Unknown option exec, skipping
Unknown option suid, skipping
Unknown option dev, skipping
Unknown option dev, skipping
Unknown option suid, skipping
Mounting Diziet from tim on /home/pi/TestDir
Mounting of volume tim of server Diziet succeeded.

I’m not having any cluefulness of how that ends up working. I can see how the $1 is "afp://tim:…" etc and $2 is "/home/pi/…" but surely the n$3 should be ‘fuse’ and $4 ‘user=pi,group=root’ ? And yet it adds a ‘-o rw,’ swaps the user & group bits, adds ‘suid’ and so on… madness. Just plain madness. Madness of a scale not seen since Mad Mick McMad won the All Scotland Maddest Mad competition

The new part that seems to add some goodness was making the group=root instead of ‘fuse’. I tried that because of a comment about ‘the group should be the owner group of the /dev/fuse’ though it also said that ought to be ‘fuse’. Of course, the above fstab line makes mounting with `sudo mount -all` work but does not work when rebooting. To make booting work we have to add the systemd stuff and then - no mounted afpfs connection and trying mount -a doesn’t mount it either.

So yeah; computers, eh? I know this really isn’t the best place in the world for all this but y’know - a group of people with simialr interests, plenty of unixisers, some with Pi. I *have* emailed the original author to see if he is still at large and interested. We’ll see.

tim
Loyalty oaths.Secret searches.No-fly lists.Detention without legal recourse.Remind me - who won the cold war?