[Vm-dev] [Pharo-dev] Trying to build Mac VM - ld: library not found for -lssl

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 14:06:36 UTC 2017

Hi,
This is a known problem on Sierra.
There are two possible workaround:
1) locate the Xcode lib repository and copy /usr/lib/libssl.* there
  The entire procedure is explained in a Readme
  see
https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/blob/Cog/build.macos32x86/HowToBuild
2) install older SDK - for example via XcodeLegacy -
https://github.com/devernay/xcodelegacy
  The second worked for me, though I don't remember specifying usage of an
older SDK anywhere