[Vm-dev] Mac and iOS VMs - how to debug?

Todd Blanchard tblanchard at mac.com
Wed Aug 16 18:25:57 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'm interested in 1) learning more about how the VM interfaces with the Mac OS.  Usually to get a feel for this sort of thing I'd build the thing in Xcode, run it in the debugger, set some breakpoints, and observe the stack traces.  Since the VM is built using command line tools, what's a good way to get the VM under a debugger so I can observe it running?  I'm more interested in the platform specific bits rather than the portable parts.

2) Is there an iOS VM?  I cloned the git repo and see build directories for a number of platforms.  I don't see anything other than desktops.  No raspberry pi, no iOS etc... I do find some references to these in the platforms directory but I don't quite understand how it all fits together.

Thanks for any pointers.
-Todd Blanchard