[Vm-dev] [Pharo-dev] eventual crashes pharo vm

henry henry at callistohouse.club
Thu Aug 17 03:46:48 UTC 2017

Hi Eliot,

I have disabled that test for the time being. It will require some deeper thought regarding immediate selectors, I think, and I am deep into another area right now. As mustBeBoolean is from inside the VM, a different approach may be the right solution. A part of me thinks autocoercion between msg sending (async) and msg calling (sync) is what is needed, but I want continuation-based VatSemaphores to prevent a liveness lock on the event loop to support. Again, I have not thought deep enough in this area.

Thanks again for your help,

- HH

>>> 42 <D0> send: isInteger
>>> 43 <AC 09> jumpFalse: 54
>>> 45 <70> self
>>> 46 <10> pushTemp: 0
>>> 47 <70> self
>>> 48 <D1> send: negative
>>> 49 <10> pushTemp: 0
>>> 50 <D1> send: negative
>>> 51 <E2> send: ~~
>>> 52 <F3> send: digitMultiply:neg:
>>> 53 <7C> returnTop
>>> 54 <10> pushTemp: 0
>>> 55 <70> self
>>> 56 <24> pushConstant: #*
>>> 57 <F5> send: adaptToInteger:andSend: