[Vm-dev] build.macos32x86/pharo.cog.spur and dependency tracking

Holger Freyther holger at freyther.de
Fri Aug 25 14:42:59 UTC 2017

> On 25. Aug 2017, at 22:29, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:

Hey Eliot!

thank you for the reply.

> Yes.  The extra output is due to spawning a sub make for each plugin and/or to check that each support library is built.

I have not looked at the specific Makefile but how far away is the dependency tracking from something like that.

PluginFoo.so: first.o second.o
	$(LINK)

-include first.o.deps	(to track header dependencies)?
-include second.o.deps

>> Can this to be improved? No output and 1s?
>
> Maybe it can.  But if that spawn was silent it might be more confusing to solve errors and it might be more difficult to figure out how to spawn a sub make.  But feel free to alter it.

The turn-a-round time would be more important than the output but I feel that there is a reltionship. I will have a look.

	holger