[Vm-dev] Current VM build problems. (was: Fwd: Errored: OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm#835 (Cog - 7dff211))

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Tue Aug 29 11:39:01 UTC 2017

Hi all,

currently the vm fails to build properly due to two main problems:

a) #testBecomeIdentityHash fails on Squeak5.1 for
	linux32x86 squeak.cog.spur	https://travis-ci.org/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/jobs/269505448#L3172
	linux32x86 squeak.sista.spur	https://travis-ci.org/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/jobs/269505458#L3208
	linux32x86 squeak.stack.spur	https://travis-ci.org/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/jobs/269505461#L1842
	macos32x86 squeak.cog.spur	https://travis-ci.org/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/jobs/269505499#L8455
	macos32x86 squeak.sista.spur	https://travis-ci.org/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/jobs/269505503#L8517
	macos32x86 squeak.stack.spur	https://travis-ci.org/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/jobs/269505505#L7383
(Or said differently: on 32x86 for squeak.*.spur)

I recall we had problems there but I thought those were fixed 2..3 years ago?
Someone can comment?

b) the pharo deployment seems to not work correctly:

	https://travis-ci.org/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/jobs/269505445#L1900
	https://travis-ci.org/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/jobs/269505471#L8223
	https://travis-ci.org/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/jobs/269505444#L1900

for 64x64 pharo.cog.spur.
If it is correct that those 3 vms cannot be deployed, please fix the deploy script to not try to.
IF incorrect, pleas fix on your side/site.

Best regards
	-Tobias