[Vm-dev] Freeze after Morph Activity

Dan Norton dnorton at mindspring.com
Sat Feb 4 18:09:39 UTC 2017

Hi Folks,

On Debian8, using cog_linux64x64_squeak.cog.spur_201702021058 and
Cuis5.0-3040-spur-64 updated to 3043, everything will stop, including
the clock in the Cuis task bar. Neither mouse nor keyboard events are
processed. Trying to interrupt with alt-. is unsuccessful. CogSpur was
re-cloned and the test case was re-run with the same result.

On Windows 10, using cog_win32x86_squeak.cog.spur_201702021058, and Cuis
5.0 3043, the same test case runs for hours with no problem.

Before the freeze, %CPU as reported by 'top' is about 4.

When the freeze occurs, %CPU as reported by 'top' rises to 11.3 which
reminds me of a loop.

Why would the problem show up on Debian8 but not Win10?

  - Dan