[Vm-dev] We need help from VM experts. Re: Freeze after Morph Activity

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Feb 6 14:11:45 UTC 2017

On Mon, Feb 06, 2017 at 01:19:48PM +0100, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 3:15 AM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
>
> > It would be interesting to try reproducing this in a Squeak image, but I
> > have not quite figured out how to make the Tokenish example work in Squeak.
> >

> See attachment. Did not freeze on Mac with 10 Tokenish jumping.
> - Bert -

I am running it now on Ubuntu 64-bit Spur Squeak, with the same VM that I
used with Cuis. I have been running a dozen Tokenish morphs for about an
hour, so far no freeze. The morphs are bouncing much more slowly on Squeak
than on Cuis, so I think that the test is loading Cuis much more heavily.

I cannot look further now, but I'll take another look in about 12 hours and
see if I can speed up the Squeak animation and possibly freeze the image.