[Vm-dev] libtool unrecognized option `--preserve-dup-deps'

Holger Freyther holger at freyther.de
Sun Feb 19 11:22:52 UTC 2017

> On 19 Feb 2017, at 17:09, Ben Coman <btc at openinworld.com> wrote:
>

> I hit a snag building pharo debug VM...

> By doing... $ sudo chattr +i libtool
>
> I found libtool was created by configure...
>   rm: cannot remove 'libtool': Operation not permitted
>   chmod: changing permissions of 'libtool': Operation not permitted
>
> $ ./mvm invokes...
> ../../../platforms/unix/config/configure

pushd ../../../platforms/unix/config
make configure

sorry about that. Normally one would not check-in a configure script (and related files such as libtool) and I thought I could avoid having to delete these files and just re-generate it when needed/wanted. I had to add the --preserve-dup-deps option to be able to link with newer libtool and didn't consider that the old copy of libtool would bail out with an error.