[Vm-dev] [squeak-dev] how to see primitive source these days?

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 16:22:46 UTC 2017

Hi Fabio,

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 7:53 AM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Fabio,
>
>     this looks like the build system isn't cool figured to use an older
> SDK.  The makefiles are written to use the oldest suitable SDK
> automatically.  The build slave should use 10.9 (Mavericks) but that
> implies installing the 10.9 SDK, and IIRC Apple doesn't make that easy.
> Both of my machines have the 10.9 SDK.  Given that I have the bits, how
> can we install the bits on the build slave?

Actually for 64-bit one must use the 10.10 SDK or later, and for 32-bit the
10.9 or later.  And of course the oldest available is a more useful policy
than the most up-to-date.  But the same question applies, how to we install
the 10.9 SDK on the 32-bit slave and the 10.10 SDK on the 64-bit slave?

> _,,,^..^,,,_ (phone)
>
> On Jan 11, 2017, at 2:54 AM, Bob Arning <arning315 at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> I don't get as far as an image. The app icon indicates it is broken and
> when I double-click the app, I get a MacOS message saying 10.11 is
> required. Both
>
> cog_macos32x86_squeak.cog.spur_201701110136.tar.gz
>
> and
>
> cog_macos64x64_squeak.cog.spur_201701110136.tar.gz
>
> had the same problem
>

> On 1/11/17 5:44 AM, Fabio Niephaus wrote:
>
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 11:35 AM Bob Arning <arning315 at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Seems like MacOS 10.10 is no longer supported? :-(
>>
> Did you try to open a 64bit or a 32bit image?
>

>> On 1/10/17 7:58 PM, Eliot Miranda wrote:
>>
>>   thanks for the prod.  I'm committing the fix now.  New VMs should be
>> built by the bots within an hour after I generate and commit C sources.

best, Eliot