[Vm-dev] [Pharo-dev] Stable Pharo VM for Linux?

Alistair Grant akgrant0710 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 2 15:42:22 UTC 2017

Hi Eliot & Luke,

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 07:44:01AM +0000, Alistair Grant wrote:

> > Feel free to add a script to the scripts directory that automates
> > this.  e.g. scripts/checkoutVMbyDate ?
>
> Good idea, I'll put together a pull request.
>
> Cheers,
> Alistair

OK, I enjoy writing bash scripts almost as much as writing perl, and I
refuse to write perl, so...  I'm open to suggestions for improving the
script, coding styles, etc.

The script can be found at:
https://github.com/akgrant43/opensmalltalk-vm/blob/checkoutVMbyDate/scripts/checkoutVMbyDate

It's a single file, so should be easy to copy and test.

If you're happy with what's there, let me know and I'll create a PR.

The help text is:

checkoutVMbyDate [-dewh] -- Checkout the commit with the matching timestamp

-d = Display the hash only, don't check out.
-h = Display this help text and exit.

Three forms are supported: