[Vm-dev] Appveyor red again

K K Subbu kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 06:35:26 UTC 2017

On Thursday 15 June 2017 03:48 AM, Nicolas Cellier wrote:

> i686-w64-mingw32-gcc -mwindows -m32 -mthreads
> -Wl,--large-address-aware,--export-all-symbols -o
> build/vm/SqueakUnstripped.exe \
> ...snip...
> collect2: fatal error: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation
> fault], core dumped

Looks like a toolchain bug to me. Collect2 is a utility that creates the
init glue code before call to main(). ld tools work with the object
files created by previous passes. Failing with a seg fault is a symptom
of toolchain defect, possibly triggered by size or number of files being
processed.

You may want to try a different (older?) version of gcc toolchain.

More info on collect2 at https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gccint/Collect2.html

Regards .. Subbu