[Vm-dev] Serial Port not working on Mac

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Mar 28 00:08:10 UTC 2017

> On 24-03-2017, at 7:07 AM, Guillermo Polito <guillermopolito at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> We are here with Olivier taking a loot at how serial ports work, because he wants to use it to connect to arduino/raspberries.

In the case of Pi’s don’t forget that there are much faster ways to connect; even the oldest Pi’s have ethernet and Pi3’s have wifi & bluetooth built in. Opening a net connection to a Pi is likely to be much more useful than restricting yourself to serial. I’m sure you’re not making the mistake I see too often of people thinking a Pi is a microcontroller like an Arduino when it is actually a quite powerful computer with a real OS...

tim
Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.