[Vm-dev] [Pharo-dev] Saving a vm from command lines opens it with a small size

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 18:20:18 UTC 2017

Hi Andrei,

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 10:40 AM, Andrei Chis <chisvasileandrei at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have the following script that I run on mac:
>
> wget -O- get.pharo.org/vmLatest60 | bash
> wget -O- get.pharo.org/60 | bash
> ./pharo Pharo.image eval "Smalltalk snapshot: true andQuit: true"
> ./pharo-ui Pharo.image
>
> Initially I thought that it doesn't work but then I saw that it opens a
> very very small window with just a tiny scrollbar. Screenshot here:
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74244847/Data/Screen%
> 20Shot%202017-03-29%20at%207.38.48%20PM.png.

Find attached a script for unix/mac os that sets the size of the screen in
the image file.

Arguably the VM should use a window extent of 0 at 0 as a "start me headless"
flag.  What do people think?  It would complicate things.  The image would
have to be located before any VM command line argument flags are processed,
and probably opened twice.  Seems like a lot of effort for little gain.

Cheers,
> Andrei

best, Eliot