[Vm-dev] errors while building a cog development image

Ben Coman btc at openinworld.com
Mon May 1 03:32:17 UTC 2017

On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 4:04 AM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Sophie, Hi Ben,
>
>    thanks!  This issue is because until recently Squeak used ContextPart
> and MethodContext as the class names for contexts, while Pharo had changed
> to just using Context.  Now Squeak trunk is using Context too the
> compatibility package isn't needed.  I've updated the load script to
> eliminate CogCompatibility.st as you two both did.  That's pushed to
> github.  I'm also committing versions of VMMaker and Cog that no longer use
> the deprecated includedSubString:, so the builds should work less noisily
> now.

Thanks Eliot.
btw, today I was manually loading the packages specified in
"BuildSqueakSpurTrunkVMMakerImage.st" into Pharo
and when loading  BytecodeSets.spur-eem.75  I get the warning it depends
on...
  MethodContext
  ContextPart
which I report just in case this could benefit from a cleanup.

cheers -ben