[Vm-dev] testing the B3DAcceleratorPlugin on Mac OS X

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon May 1 15:46:25 UTC 2017

On Sun, Apr 30, 2017 at 7:21 PM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>     I hope I've built the B3DAcceleratorPlugin for the 32-bit Mac Cocoa
> VMs.  B3DAcceleratorPlugin needs Carbon and QuickTime frameworks and so is
> linked against them and will only be available on 32-bits (until we can
> rewrite to avoid using the 32-bit only APIs).  But I need to test this.
> What's a minimal Balloon demo I can load into a trunk image to test the
> plugin?  (URLs appreciated)

This is the simplest:

OpenGL example

... after installing OpenGL using the Installer snippets at

http://www.squeaksource.com/CroquetGL.html

The following might install something similar, but I did not test that:

Installer new merge: #openGL.

(I don't think anybody has tried to use Balloon3D in a recent image, we
just use the plugin to set up an OpenGL context)

- Bert -