[Vm-dev] OSProcess fork issue with Debian built VM

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Thu May 18 18:52:50 UTC 2017

Hi Max,

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 4:32 AM, Max Leske <maxleske at gmail.com> wrote:

> We managed to figure out that OSProcess works when we use gcc <= 4.8 on
> Debian. We are happy to use 4.8 for now, so we're good. It would of course
> be super cool if we could use the series 6 gcc as that will soon ship with
> Debian 9 (stretch) but it's probably not trivial to just move to a new
> compiler version (as seems evident from the fact that a minor version
> change can mess up compilation).

For the sake of revisiting this when we have time and can debug it can you
state which version(s) you tried to use which didn't work? Also, what are
the compilation flags (full gcc invocation example) for the case(s) that
work and the case(s) that don't?

Debugging this can be straight-forward if one can build the two versions
and execute them side-by-side to pin-point the failure.  Coming with a fix
may be more challenging ;-)

--
best, Eliot