[Vm-dev] Embeddable/scalable Smalltalk VM needs funding for release (repost/update from squeak-dev)

Zak Fenton zak.fenton at outlook.com
Sat May 20 01:23:06 UTC 2017

Hi Askoh. I did have some in-depth discussions with another engineer from one of these lists (I think that was in a private thread though), and I can answer any specific questions you may have (e.g. about the threading model or interpreter core), but I guess you'll have to wait for the public alpha to know for sure if I'm telling the truth or not :).

It isn't a very hard-to-believe product when you see it in action. It's just the combination of features that makes it potentially powerful, it doesn't really introduce any new magic.