[Vm-dev] Cannot build successfully latest VM

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 16:14:27 UTC 2017

nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com>:

> gmail.com>:
>
>> Hmm, my bad, I fail to find a bug in genPrimitiveStringReplace
>> It appears that I messed up with git client... (bissecting on two
>> different machines is not a good idea anyway)
>> What I find now is this:
>> - mac osx 64 squeak.cog.spur cog HEAD segv
>> - mac osx 64 squeak.cog.spur generated with VMMaker.oscog-cb.2274 and
>> src/plugins/* from head is not OK (mangled)
>> - mac osx 64 squeak.cog.spur generated with VMMaker.oscog-cb.2274 and
>> src/plugins/* taken from old commit is OK
>>   https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/commit/301
>> 0e4465405f6ec7a289fc3a3d21eb324816a8f#diff-2ecd46f56f9702ad7
>> a50219dd086a8c5
>>
>> So that's at least two different problems, one in the plugins, one in
>>

> The problem in generated plugins is in MiscPrimitivePlugin.c
> There are not many changes, so I'll see if I can identify the problem and
> fix it in VMMaker.

So I have fixed the code of primitiveDecompressFromByteArray from
MiscPrimitivePlugin
but IT'S NOT IN VMMaker... I fixed the Squeak trunk version
(Graphics-nice.385), I presume there is a similar thing in Pharo.
We can't continue with this Misc thing, it's not manageable.

I've also pushed the fix on github.

Now remains the 64bits cog spur VM problem

Then there will be the problem of the 64bit cog spur vm...