[Vm-dev] Recreating live coding in CPython 3.5

Dimitris Chloupis kilon.alios at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 13:46:54 UTC 2017

unfortunately no, those articles focus on JIT compilation and method
lookups and not live coding.

I know how to find method objects , thats not my problem. JIT is not my
concern either. But none the less thanks for the links they made a very
enlighting read after lunch.

Well lets first start with the obvious questions

1) What are the live coding capabilities/features of the Cog VM ?
2) What are its live coding limitations ?
3) When a live object is updated is it only the new compiled method that is
injected ?
4) Does this injection follows a particular schedule or process ? Or is
something happening ASAP after the user accepts the method ?
4) Does class and method renaming also happen at VM level ? Is it related
to live coding ?