[Vm-dev] About SQFile's fileSize field

Levente Uzonyi leves at caesar.elte.hu
Wed Oct 11 20:40:34 UTC 2017

I went ahead a bit, removed the field, updated the sources, and compiled a
VM with the changes. It works fine on linux. I've updated the windows and
mac files too, but I can't test those.
There are some remaining references to the removed field in the RiscOS
platforms file, but I don't really know what to do with that. The code
seems to be using platform specific calls to implement the plugin, which
is unusual, but may be more efficient than the generic C implementation.

Anyway, the code is on github[1]. I'll create a pull request once someone
says something about the idea.

Levente

[1] https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/compare/Cog...smalltalking:Cog