[Vm-dev] VM crash with message 'could not grow remembered set'

Phil B pbpublist at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 19:41:27 UTC 2017

Clément,

On Oct 11, 2017 4:09 AM, "Clément Bera" <bera.clement at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

Without a way to reproduce, it is difficult to deal with the problem.

Hopefully, this will allow you to do so: https://github.com/pbella/
VmIssueCouldNotGrow

This turned out to be tricky to provide a repo case for since I'm not sure
exactly what is triggering it so I reproduced the type of work I'm throwing
at the VM (it's a bulk parser/loader) where there's lots of continuous
allocation going on with the occasional saving of a result to generate lots
of garbage.  This should run in 5-10 minutes depending on the speed of your
system.

The main caveat is that I'm only able to get this example to reliably
reproduce with the included VM with the commented VM parameters applied.
So I'm not sure if this is an issue only with this particular VM/parameter
combination or if it's just generally a difficult to reproduce issue.

Thanks,
Phil