[Vm-dev] VM crash with message 'could not grow remembered set'

Clément Bera bera.clement at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 06:49:37 UTC 2017

On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 12:43 AM, Stephan Eggermont <stephan at stack.nl>
wrote:

> Op 11 okt. 2017 om 10:08 heeft Clément Bera <bera.clement at gmail.com> het
> volgende geschreven:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Without a way to reproduce, it is difficult to deal with the problem.
> >
> > I had reports also from the Pharo community with some problems when
> scaling up, but it seems most of that noise is gone since Spur has a new
> compactor.
>
> Well, I just stopped trying to scale up.

We're tracking down one by one each problem forbidding to efficiently scale
up, so it is more and more possible everyday. Eliot wrote the new
compactor. Right now I am working with Sophie on loading large images. In
the short term the GC will be incremental and I plan to try to improve mmap
segment allocation. So try again next year.

--
Clément Béra
Pharo consortium engineer