[Vm-dev] hiearchy of build stages

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 13:25:07 UTC 2018

Hi all,

there are lot of jobs at each opensmalltalk-vm commit like
https://travis-ci.org/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/builds/361159455

some of these jobs are of vital importance beacuse candidates for
production, some have less because rather experimental (sista lowcode) or
backward compatibility (v3).

If ever it's technically possible, which I didn't check, could we agree at
least on the order of build stages so that we build candidates for
production first and at least know if commits have an impact on these?
Currently, a single failure of experimental brand will cut the whole
feedback.

It's more a temporary workaround than a long term solution, but let's make
small steps, or we'll never see any progress.

Nicolas