[Vm-dev] Why the hell directives for compiling with clang were not taken into account

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 19:05:43 UTC 2018

So with the help of Ben and Tobias, I can build linux32x86 pharo.sista.spur
on travis now
The right incantation is in .travis.yml thru compiler:clang directive,
because it later export CC=clang in root build shell.

Failing to do so exports a CC=gcc default, so overriding via configure
command args is not enough, it must be repeated for make and everywhere I
did not look yet ;)
It's better to follow the "standard" way.

I'm still waiting the rest of the build to finish, then I will emit a PR.
There is an alternative of using another version of gcc by Tobias which
seems to work also.

Anyway, all i did was a quick hack.
Because the mvm is duplicated in other directories (assert and debug
version...), there will be more trouble if we not fix it everywhere.
Or maybe the configure CC=clang argument is not required?