[Vm-dev] Regroup pharo ARMv6 builds (was: 324996: Add a main build stage for Squeak and Pharo)

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Apr 3 03:12:46 UTC 2018

> On 02-04-2018, at 12:47 PM, Nicolas Cellier <nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com> wrote:

> > On 02-04-2018, at 11:55 AM, Nicolas Cellier <nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Yes sure, I should do that.
> > I had a doubt also about the HEARTBEAT="itimer" variant of Pharo.
> > Is this brand officially supported and elligible to "Main" stage?
>
> Since this relates to a question I asked some time ago I'll chime in here with a "please use the threaded timer". At least for the Pi related builds.
>
> Part of my problem is that the current builds off bintray are itimer based but appear to be labelled as threaded.
>

> Hi Tim,
> which flavour of VM?
> we build 3 squeak, 2 newspeak and 1 pharo...

I normally build just the plain old squeak/cog/spur and occasionally debug stuff. Given the absence of the -DUSE_ITIMER_HEARTBEAT=1 incantation Eliot mentioned, build.linux32ARMv6/squeak.cog.spur/mvm *should* be making the pthread timer version. The version on bintray is labelled squeak.cog.spur_linux32ARMv6_itimer_201803052012.tar.gz (for example) and I have to admit I'm not at all sure how one checks a vm to see which option it actually uses. It may simply be mislabelling of the built system?

tim
Propaganda: a good look