[Vm-dev] Compiling the windows 32 bits vm

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 07:15:23 UTC 2018

Hi Cyril,
The setup-x86.exe -dgnqNO -R "E:\cygwin" -s command was not enough.
You must add
gcc-core,gcc-g++,binutils,make,libtool,libiconv,automake,autoconf and maybe
a few others...
The reason is that the build machines come with those packages
pre-installed.

On the other hand, I don't remember why we still want to build pkg-config
from sources, there is a prebuilt cygwin package if we want.
Maybe it's a remnant from the time when mingw was used as build environment?