[Vm-dev] Compiling the windows 32 bits vm

Cyril Ferlicot D cyril at ferlicot.me
Thu Apr 5 10:29:24 UTC 2018

On 05/04/2018 07:36, Nicolas Cellier wrote:
> Good idea.
> Perhaps we should add the preinstalled libraries in .appveyor.yml to
> begin with.
>
> Then i suspect you get same problem as gcc:
>     which cmake
> Don't you have another one installed?

Hi Nicolas,

Executing `which cmake` in my cygwin return:

/cygdrive/c/cygwin/bin/cmake

Which seems correct since I install it on C:\cygwin on this computer.

> It looks like the path is not correctly set. I do not understand why, i
> have concurrent cmake installed and they don't interfere.
>
> Do you launch the build from a cygwin terminal?

If it can help, here is what I do to build the VM:

- I delete my current cygwin folder
- I launch the batch to reinstall cygwin (the one I shared in my
previous email) to install it in C:\cygwin
- I launch the newly installed Cygwin (C:\cygwin\Cygwin.bat)
- I execute `export PATH=/cygdrive/c/cygwin/bin:$PATH` to add the newly
installed packages to the path.
- I move to the pharo.cog.spur folder in cygwin
- I launch `./mvm`

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr