[Vm-dev] Compiling the windows 32 bits vm

Cyril Ferlicot D cyril at ferlicot.me
Thu Apr 5 20:54:58 UTC 2018

Le 05/04/2018 à 03:09, Eliot Miranda a écrit :
> Hi Cyril,
>
> This is not a beginner's question.  Setting up cygwin is hard.  Thank
> you for your trying this out.  Everyone doing Windows builds, myself
> included, will be really pleased when this nightmare is documented.  I
> have been doing it manually for years, meaning I've only done it three
> times or four times, and it was difficult and frustrating every time.
> If this is reduced to a script it will be a good day in vm-land.  Thank you!
>
> Maybe one day; when Windows becomes Unix ;-)

Thanks to the help I got, I could compile the 32bits windows vm for
pharo.cog.spur!

I have no idea what was the problem before (the cmake error) since the
only thing I changed was to do a pull on oscogvm repository to get to
the commit 3421494b43af5611420ebe229b7db3af2064e539.

I tried using it on a recent Pharo 7 image and it worked pretty fine. I
just got a message saying the vm it too old but I suppose it must be
because during the automatic oscogvm builds some metadata are added are
something like that.

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr