[Vm-dev] Working with Squeak 2.0

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Apr 13 14:26:51 UTC 2018

Hi Clement,

Are you using the old VM code from the Squeak 2 era, or are you using
current code from package 'VMMaker' to run the old image?

In recent years I have tried to keep the VMMaker package and support code
healthy and up to date, but I have put no effort into the simulator, and I
do not expect that it will work very well. The simulation capability in
VMMaker.oscog is much superior to anything you will find in the VMMaker
package. So unfortunately the simulator may not be very useful to you.

On the other hand, the actual code in the VMMaker package is relatively
simple, and if you do a "VMMaker initialize" after loading it, you should
be able to browse generated C code in normal browsers, which may be
helpful for reviewing the code.

Dave