[Vm-dev] who can edit squeakvm.org?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Apr 17 00:57:12 UTC 2018

On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 12:49:07PM -0700, tim Rowledge wrote:

> > On 16-04-2018, at 12:27 PM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> >     this page http://squeakvm.org/index.html is woefully out of date and misleading.
>
> On 22-11-2016 Dave pointed out that Ian has given him keys to that set of pages.
>
> > We could at least provide accurate information about the Spur 32-bit and 64-bit releases, and the SqueakJS VM alongside the older VMs couldn't we?  Shouldn't we?
>
> We should, we could, and to be honest I'd prefer to see squeakvm.org divert to a VM page on squeak.org Having two sites with  conflicting info is insane.

I have sudo permissions on the squeakvm.org server, but I don't manage the web
site or home page. I think the appropriate thing is to suggest some changes
and ask Ian Piumarta (the site owner) to make an update.

I am attaching a copy of the index.html for the squeakvm.org home page. It's
pretty simple, so if someone would like to edit and improve, we can send that
back to Ian for the update. In addition to sudo access, I also have his email
account in Japan (which he prefers to keep private and separate from his gmail
account), so I can forward any updates to that mail address as well (I have the
feeling that a lot of mail to his gmail account goes unnoticed).