[Vm-dev] GC

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 15:09:29 UTC 2018

Hi Clément, Hi All,

   I answered a question on Quora on GC recently and that same question was answered by Jon Harrop, who has taken a good look at GC performance.  If you're not on Quora yet, let me encourage you.  This blog post is a good read:

https://flyingfrogblog.blogspot.co.uk/2017/12/does-reference-counting-really-use-less.html

And in Jon's answer to the Quora question he mentions Staccato, A Parallel and Concurrent Real-time Compacting Garbage Collector for Multiprocessors https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/9770/fc9baf0f2b6c7521f00958973657bf03337d.pdf

That's my reading for today.