[Vm-dev] Robust FFI with Memory Protection Keys
tim at rowledge.org
Mon Aug 6 17:32:25 UTC 2018
Surely the really safe way to do FFI type stuff is to have a separate memory space? The trick is how one achieves that.
I can think of a few ways to do that, some of which might even work...
- remapping (temporarily) the MMU entries to make only the directly involved FFI data area(s) visible
- similar but perhaps just making everywhere else read-only
- actually have a separate memory space that is shared to the vm
- a completely separate process
- hell, a completely separate computer!
tim Rowledge; tim at rowledge.org; http://www.rowledge.org/tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Fac me cocleario vomere! = Gag me with a spoon!
More information about the Vm-dev