[Vm-dev] Robust FFI with Memory Protection Keys

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Aug 6 17:32:25 UTC 2018

Surely the really safe way to do FFI type stuff is to have a separate memory space? The trick is how one achieves that.

I can think of a few ways to do that, some of which might even work...
 - remapping (temporarily) the MMU entries to make only the directly involved FFI data area(s) visible
 - similar but perhaps just making everywhere else read-only
 - actually have a separate memory space that is shared to the vm
 - a completely separate process
- hell, a completely separate computer!

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Fac me cocleario vomere! = Gag me with a spoon!