[Vm-dev] context change versus primitive failure return value (was: FFI exception failure support on Win64 (Win32 also?))

John McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Aug 31 01:41:35 UTC 2018

The slang inliner logic had  a tiny bit of magic in it I added to help it fold the entire GC mark sweep logic into a single c routine and ensure all working variables became local variables to avoid a single or double reference to variables in the interp.c file or to the struct. This made a huge impact on gc times on 68K machines.

Sent from my iPhone