[Vm-dev] sqSCCSVersion.h not uptodate?

Alistair Grant akgrant0710 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 18:38:28 UTC 2018

Hi Nicolas & Fabio,

On Tue, 25 Dec 2018 at 19:00, Fabio Niephaus <lists at fniephaus.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Dec 2018 at 4:04 pm, Nicolas Cellier <nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Hi all,
>> when I execute scripts/updateSCCSVersions I get two modified files
>> platforms/Cross/plugins/sqPluginsSCCSVersion.h
>> platforms/Cross/vm/sqSCCSVersion.h
>>
>> is this expected?
>> should someone commit uptodate versions?
>

> Hi Nicolas,
>
> Yes, I think it's supposed to be like that. updateSCCSVersions should automatically be invoked by Git and keeps the two files updated with the latest commit information. Why do you think these files are outdated?

>From memory:

scripts/updateSCCSVersions installs git hooks to automatically update
sqPluginsSCCSVersion.h & sqSCCSVersion.h with the current version
information whenever a commit is made (and also forces an update when
the script is run).  The version information is reproducible, so there
isn't any need to commit the version files, which reduces the amount
of noise in the commit logs (otherwise these two files would form part
of *every* commit).

HTH,
Alistair