[Vm-dev] VM Maker: VMMaker.oscog-eem.2502.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Sat Dec 29 19:12:17 UTC 2018

Eliot Miranda uploaded a new version of VMMaker to project VM Maker:
http://source.squeak.org/VMMaker/VMMaker.oscog-eem.2502.mcz

Name: VMMaker.oscog-eem.2502
Author: eem
Time: 29 December 2018, 11:12:02.496685 am
UUID: 698cab19-5a66-4b07-b38f-727d0c267c7e
Ancestors: VMMaker.oscog-nice.2501

Get rid of unused subclassResponsibilities in the Cogit back ends.

=============== Diff against VMMaker.oscog-nice.2501 ===============

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: CogARMCompiler>>callFullTargetFromReturnAddress: (in category 'inline cacheing') -----
- callFullTargetFromReturnAddress: callSiteReturnAddress
- 	"Answer the address that the call immediately preceding callSiteReturnAddress will jump to."
- 	"this is also used by #jumpLongTargetBeforeFollowingAddress: and so we check for both call and jump related instructions; later on we can use simpler tests once it feels safe to assume we get here always with a call/jump in the proper place"
- 	^self subclassResponsibility!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: CogAbstractInstruction>>unalignedLongAt: (in category 'memory access') -----
  unalignedLongAt: byteAddress
+ 	"Some processors need this, but word-oriented RISCs don't. Hence doNotGenerate."
+ 	<doNotGenerate>
  	^self subclassResponsibility!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: CogAbstractInstruction>>unalignedLongAt:put: (in category 'memory access') -----