[Vm-dev] [VM-dev] Can we be a JavaScript engine?

henry henry at callistohouse.club
Tue Feb 20 16:00:52 UTC 2018

Personally I am looking for a distributable language, computable is Squeak and Java, as the basis for mobile code. Code should be relocatable between these environments, relying on promise-based IPC. Could JavaScript be the right answer? I wrote a JavaScript compiler in Java, since lost. Perhaps a restricted scope JavaScript would be helpful. Is there another language that would be more suitable for this promise-land? I agree, for myself performance is secondary to having mobile code between language environments.

Thank you.

Sent from ProtonMail Mobile