[Vm-dev] [Pharo-dev] OSSubprocess 0.2.5 fails in Pharo 6.1 64 bits (macOS)

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 17:56:59 UTC 2018

Hi Alistair,

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 9:31 AM, Alistair Grant <akgrant0710 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Yep, OSSubprocess doesn't work on 64 bit VMs at the moment.
>
> Eliot, Mariano has indicated he's waiting on
> https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-vm/pull/142
> Do you know of a reason why it shouldn't be merged?

Well, the changes to FilePlugin.class belong in VMMaker.oscog.
And cfileRecordSize doesn't make sense , since all pointers are of the same
size in C:

cfileRecordSize
+ "Return the size of a stdio FILE* handle"
+ <option: #PharoVM>
+ <static: false>
+ ^self sizeof: #'FILE*'

I would simple use (self sizeof: #'void *') or (self sizeof: #'FILE *').

Other than that I can't see any problems.

--
best, Eliot