[Vm-dev] The squeak.sh wrapper an LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Fri Jan 19 15:57:25 UTC 2018

Hi all,

So I've seen this LD_LIBRARY_PATH dance in the squeak.sh wrapper.
I would like to see an example where leaving it out fails.
My assumption is, that we can rather do something about it on the dlopen-side of the problem and make this script simpler (or even completely unnecessary).

I have played around with dlopen on linux (https://github.com/krono/dltest) and my bet is that if we catch all strange names of libc on the dlopen side, change them to "libc.so.6" and just go with it, we might end up just fine.

Best regards
	-Tobias