[Vm-dev] [Pharo-dev] Random corrupted data when copying from very large byte array

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Jan 24 18:37:04 UTC 2018

> On 23 January 2018 at 21:33, Stuart Cassoff <aa72 at bell.net> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks! Yeah, sorry, I couldn't find the original thread.
>> Anyway I don't really know what to do with this so I pasted into a workspace and hit alt-p.
>> After a while I get a debug popup telling me about something not understanding 'halt'.
>> fyi I've not yet written a line of Smalltalk code in my life so maybe I'm biting off more than I can chew.

OK Stuart, pop over to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es7RyllOS-M&list=PL6601A198DF14788D and watch your way through Lawson’s nice playlist of introduction to smalltalk videos. They’re a little out of date in some UI details (being based on the 4.x era of Squeak) but I don’t think anything has changed that would cause serious mental distress.

tim
Useful random insult:- All foam, no beer.