[Vm-dev] Commit process

Alistair Grant akgrant0710 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 16:29:13 UTC 2018

Hi Tobias,

On 8 March 2018 at 16:50, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hello People,
>
>> On 08.03.2018, at 16:43, Alistair Grant <akgrant0710 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Hi Eliot,
>>
>> On 8 March 2018 at 16:34, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Those commits were on a branch.  I agree that it's best not to push after each commit.  The emails however confused me too.  Is it possible for the commit emails to clearly state the branch name?
>>
>> First line in the body of the email, e.g.:
>>
>>  Branch: refs/heads/krono/openbsd
>>  Home:   https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm
>>  Commit: 50595dc143262893c380228fbe4ab2f1f848a43e
>>      https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/commit/50595dc143262893c380228fbe4ab2f1f848a43e
>>  Author: Tobias Pape <tobias at netshed.de>
>>  Date:   2018-03-08 (Thu, 08 Mar 2018)
>>

> Sorry for the noise but I'm working simultaneously on 3 machines and try to keep travis happy, that's why I needed to push a lot to the branch.

Do you really need to update the CI, or are you just trying to keep
the 3 machines in sync?

If you don't need to update the CI, would it be possible to have a
local repository that you update, and then push to the main repository
when ready?  (you can have multiple remotes for a repository).

Cheers,
Alistair