[Vm-dev] Pharo VM crash in bootstrap with Inconsistency detected by ld.so

Alistair Grant akgrant0710 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 14:39:04 UTC 2018

Hi Tobias,

On 12 March 2018 at 11:51, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi Alistair
>
>> On 12.03.2018, at 11:22, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:
>>

>>> On 12.03.2018, at 09:28, Alistair Grant <akgrant0710 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> Hi Tobias, Esteban and Fabio,
>>>
>>> Attempting to bootstrap the image with Pharo 7.0 VMs newer than 30 Jan
>>> are failing with:
>>>

>>> + vm/pharo Pharo7.0-32bit-eabf524.image eval --save "Metacello new
>>> baseline: 'Tonel';repository:
>>> 'github://pharo-vcs/tonel:v1.0.5';onWarning: [ :e | Error signal: e
>>> messageText in: e signalerContext ]; load: 'core'"

>>> ...finished baselinelinear load :
>>> linear load : baseline [BaselineOfTonel]
>>> load : MonticelloTonel-Core-cypress.1
>>> load : MonticelloTonel-FileSystem-cypress.1
>>> Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-close.c: 811: _dl_close: Assertion
>>> `map->l_init_called' failed!
>>>

>> cool :(
>
> I've committed a probable fix in 802de0a1b. Please tell me whether this works.

Yep, that looks good - I was able to run the Pharo 7 bootstrap process
(32 bit) and load up my normal development environment (64 bit).

The Travis CI job succeeded, but nothing appeared on bintray, and the
zip on files.pharo.org is incomplete.  I'll send a separate email
about those.

Thanks!
Alistair