[Vm-dev] Urgent need for binary reorganization, or at least easier access

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 16:10:23 UTC 2018

Hi Tim,

> On Mar 15, 2018, at 4:11 PM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
>

>> On 15-03-2018, at 3:24 PM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> This is easily parseable when fetched with curl/wget etc.  But when one tries to compose a URL giving just those files, e.g.
>>
>> https://bintray.com/opensmalltalk/vm/cog/201803080952#files
>>
>> one gets back javascript, not file names.  I urgently need a parseable link to a list of just the latest build, or a specific build, not the long list at https://dl.bintray.com/opensmalltalk/vm/
>
> Does this - https://bintray.com/docs/api/#_content_downloading - make any sense in this context?

Thanks for the pointer.  No, it doesn't help; it has info on premium support options that we don't have.  However, this:

https://bintray.com/opensmalltalk/vm/cog/

now has a Latest Version Badge that might work.  I committed a hack that finds the latest release from notifications (it's a hack because notifications has limited length and if it notifies other than successful builds it could end up containing no notifications for successful builds).  I'll take a look at the Latest Version Badge (& thanks to whoever provided it).

Eliot

> tim
> Unix love: unzip; strip; touch; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; umount; sleep

arch