[Vm-dev] XCB as a replacement for XLib anyone?

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Sat Nov 10 07:31:50 UTC 2018

Lots of interest, but no time. My primary interest is in decoupling Squeak from Morphic so that it runs "nativelly" in X. I saw this on news.ycombinator.com and bookmarked it for when/if I do get time. Good luck with it and thanks for all your work on Cog/Spur. ---- On Fri, 09 Nov 2018 15:06:06 -0500 Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote ---- Hi All,    I'm taking a look at XNextEvent et al (specifically to see if meta events can be delivered on key down, not on key up) and I see that XCB is an interesting alternative to XLib.  Has anyone taken a look at writing an XCB subsystem, e.g.platforms/unix/vm-display-X11_XCB? _,,,^..^,,,_ best, Eliot