[Vm-dev] Byte ordering in Form (urgent)

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Oct 11 18:27:28 UTC 2018

No, positive depth means big endian on all platforms.

Until Andreas added little endian support to bitblt, everything was done in
big endian, and only reversed on copying to the OS window. That byte
reversal was expensive, so that's why the little endian support was added,
to be able to keep forms in native order on little endian platforms. Little
endian is indicated by negative depth, also in the platform support code
(e.g. supportsDepth).

- Bert -