[Vm-dev] Any experts on using path in app bundles willing to help me?

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 17:08:19 UTC 2019

Hi All,

    I have a plugin dependent on several support libraries that may be
shared with other plugins.  So I want the support libraries in a common
place (TheVm.app/Contents/Frameworks) while the plugins themselves are
bundles in TheVM.app/Contents/Resources.  In allowing one to install plugin
support libraries in TheVM.app/Contents/Frameworks I have to use the
linker's -rpath feature to specify where dlopen may find the search
libraries.  The question i don't see an answer to in Apple's documentation
is whether one uses -rpath when linking the plugin, or when linking the VM
into which the plugin will be loaded, or both.  Anybody ever done this and
know definitively what to do?

best, Eliot