[Vm-dev] [OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] Support for OpenBSD (#413)

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Aug 13 19:00:31 UTC 2019

> On 2019-08-13, at 11:11 AM, asarch <notifications at github.com> wrote:
>
> On the contrary, thank you, thank you very much for your patience and your time. Thank you.
>
> P.S.
>
> Just one last issue if I may, how would you compile the image from sources?:

That's just not how it works. It *is* possible to build an image from a prescriptive definition - some folk on the Pharo list did a version last year I think, and Alejandro did a related project around '03 and I did some stuff and Craig has done a bunch of related stuff. But as a normal thing it simply doesn't mean anything. We have an image, we modify it and save it and start it, rinse and repeat. Dave Ungar pointed out many years ago that Smalltalk is saved but not born again.

tim
fallacio (n): speaking logical fallacies