[Vm-dev] VM Maker: VMMaker.oscog-nice.2541.mcz

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 23:09:10 UTC 2019

Nicolas,

    thanks!  Great work!  I completely missed this issue.  Can I check my
understanding?  If the VM is comparing a SmallInteger against a Float where
the SmallInteger has more significant digits than the Float (i.e. the Float
has no fraction part and is greater than 2^52 (?)) the VM must coerce the
Float to an integer and compare in the integer realm.  If not, then it is
safe for the VM to coerce the integer to a float and compare in the
floating-point realm.  Do I have this right?

--
best, Eliot