[Vm-dev] [OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] Reproduceable Segmentation fault while saving images (#444)

Alistair Grant akgrant0710 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 10:44:57 UTC 2019

Hi Nicolas,

On Sun, 1 Dec 2019 at 21:10, Nicolas Cellier <notifications at github.com> wrote:

> Very good job! Thanks Alistair for your tenacity and Clement for letting us learn the advanced technics.
> A pity that the snippet did not fail in Squeak...

This was interesting in that before this year I can't remember the
last time the VM crashed for me (other than my own mistakes while
working on plugins).  Then this year it has got to the point where it
is significantly impacting our productivity.  I guess it is something
about the size of the images we're using that just happens to line up
with the trigger conditions.

Anyway, once Juraj had made it reproducible it was worthwhile
committing 100% to fixing it.

Thanks for testing it on Squeak, that's something I had on my ToDo
list, so it saved me some time.

Cheers,
Alistair