[Vm-dev] Porting to Alpine Linux aarch64 Raspberry Pi 3B

K K Subbu kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 07:53:24 UTC 2019

On 03/12/19 3:50 AM, ken.dickey at whidbey.com wrote:
>    ^
> /home/kend/Opensmalltalk-vm/platforms/Cross/vm/sqVirtualMachine.c: At top level:
> /home/kend/Opensmalltalk-vm/platforms/Cross/vm/sqVirtualMachine.c:555:13: error: array type has incomplete element type 'FILE' {aka 'struct _IO_FILE'}
>   static FILE stdoutStack[STDOUT_STACK_SZ];

ostvm code compiles with gcc/glibc but may need tweaking for musl. See

  https://www.musl-libc.org/faq.html (from "Is musl compatible with glibc")

FILE is a type defined in stdio.h and its structure in libio.h. stdio.h
is so basic that I am surprised it is not being picked up. Are you able
to compile and run hello world example on this distro?

Regards .. Subbu